Re: [fetchmail]SMTP transaction error while fetching

2005-02-01 08:30:36
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:07:38 +0200, Tomi Kaistila
<tomi(_dot_)kaistila(_at_)datamike(_dot_)org> wrote:

I used fetchmailconf to set some simple setting and here's what happens
when I run fetchmail:

fetchmail -vak
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying mail.datamike.org (protocol POP3) at Tue 01
Feb 2005 02:03:03 PM EET: poll started
<---SNIP--->
fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
<---SNIP--->
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from mail.datamike.org

Could it be that fetchmail is trying to forward the fetched mail to
another host an dfails because such settings are no present?

I've exhausted most of my options to fix this. Any ideas?

Read the error message - fetchmail is unable to communicate with the
local SMTP server.  This is covered by the FAQ:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-FAQ.html#R1

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor