RE: [fetchmail]Configuration question

2005-02-06 10:45:57
Hi,

I just tried it (without "is root" and with the password in quotes) and I'm
getting the same result.

fetchmail: POP3> USER myuser
fetchmail: POP3< +OK password required for user myuser(_at_)myisp(_dot_)ca
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR Authentication failed
fetchmail: Authentication failed
fetchmail: Authorization failure on myuser(_at_)pop(_dot_)myisp(_dot_)ca

Do you think that having a username different than my email prefix is an
issue or  my problem is elsewhere ?

Thanks

JF Leblond

-----Message d'origine-----
De : fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org]De la part de
Rob
MacGregor
Envoye : 6 fevrier 2005 12:26
A : Fetchmail friends
Objet : Re: [fetchmail]Configuration question

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:46:55 -0500, Jean-Francois Leblond
<jfleblond(_at_)videotron(_dot_)ca> wrote:

I have a pop3 account at my ISP that I'm trying to download my email from.
I'm getting an authorization failed message. I think it's cause by the
fact
that my username is different than my email prefix

Here's the config:

pop: pop.myisp.ca
user: myuser
password: mypassword
email: myemail(_at_)myisp(_dot_)ca

Here's my .fetchmailrc:

[root(_at_)jflrh9 root]# more .fetchmailrc
poll pop.myisp.ca protocol pop3
        user myuser is root
        password mypassword
[root(_at_)jflrh9 root]#

Try:

poll pol.myisp.ca
    protocol pop3
    user myuser password "mypassword"

The "is root" isn't required if you're running this as root.  The
quotes may also help (and if you RTFM you'll discover that almost all
the examples wrap the password in quotes).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor