[fetchmail]Configuration question

2005-02-06 09:47:55
Hi everyone,

I'm new on this list.

I have a pop3 account at my ISP that I'm trying to download my email from.
I'm getting an authorization failed message. I think it's cause by the fact
that my username is different than my email prefix

Here's the config:

pop: pop.myisp.ca
user: myuser
password: mypassword
email: myemail(_at_)myisp(_dot_)ca

Here's my .fetchmailrc:

[root(_at_)jflrh9 root]# more .fetchmailrc
poll pop.myisp.ca protocol pop3
        user myuser is root
        password mypassword
[root(_at_)jflrh9 root]#

Here's my error:

[root(_at_)jflrh9 root]# fetchmail -v
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying pop.myisp.ca (protocol POP3) at Sun, 06 Feb 2005 1
1:11:19 -0500 (EST): poll started
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Messaging Multiplexor (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2
HotFix
1.21 (built Sep  8 2003))
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR invalid command
fetchmail: invalid command
fetchmail: Repoll immediately on myuser(_at_)pop(_dot_)myisp(_dot_)ca
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Messaging Multiplexor (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2
HotFix
1.21 (built Sep  8 2003))
fetchmail: POP3> USER myuser
fetchmail: POP3< +OK password required for user myuser(_at_)myisp(_dot_)ca
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR Authentication failed
fetchmail: Authentication failed
fetchmail: Authorization failure on myuser(_at_)pop(_dot_)myisp(_dot_)ca
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying pop.myisp.ca (protocol POP3) at Sun, 06 Feb 2005 1
1:11:22 -0500 (EST): poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 3
[root(_at_)jflrh9 root]#

Is there something wrong with my config ?

By the way, I'm able to retrieve my emails on this account through an
Outlook client, so it is working fine.

I'm able to retreive mail with fetchmail from a different isp and email but
the username is the same as the email prefix. That's why I'm suspecting the
username and prefix thing.

Your help is appreciated

Thanks in advance.

J-F Leblond