Re: [fetchmail]Annoying dots

2005-05-26 16:42:12
shellcode(_at_)adelphia(_dot_)net writes:

Whenever fetchmail downloads email from my pop3 server, it outputs
annoying dots to the terminal window. This is annoying for two reasons:
1. The dots scroll off screen
2. Since messages of different length have a different number of dots
the dots do not really indicate the progress of the email download.

So, how do I get rid of them? I just want fetchmail to tell me "flushed"
or "not flushed" or whatever else it says, but no dots. Thanks in
advance.

Try adding

set no showdots

to your .fetchmailrc. Otherwise, the dots are shown if at least either
the nodetach (-N) option is set or the poll interval is zero (no daemon
mode) - Rob's right about using daemon mode.