[fetchmail]Fetchmail doesn't seem to like the SMTP server hanging up on it?

2005-06-30 00:42:08
I have been testing the effects of tightening up some of the postfix options. In particular I set the hard error limit to 1 so that people relaying via web proxys get chucked off as soon as they send any invalid smtp command. However, I notice that this seems to cause a problem with fetchmail when I reject an invalid address with a 554 response. It seems that fetchmail doesn't read the response in this circumstance, hence doesn't flush/bounce the message and everything backs up.

Loosening up the postfix options seems to allow me to download mail again.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Ed W