Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail doesn't seem to like the SMTP server hanging up on it?

2005-06-30 03:13:15
On 30/06/05, Ed W <lists(_at_)wildgooses(_dot_)com> wrote:
I have been testing the effects of tightening up some of the postfix
options.  In particular I set the hard error limit to 1 so that people
relaying via web proxys get chucked off as soon as they send any invalid
smtp command.  However, I notice that this seems to cause a problem with
fetchmail when I reject an invalid address with a 554 response.  It
seems that fetchmail doesn't read the response in this circumstance,
hence doesn't flush/bounce the message and everything backs up.

Output of "fetchmail -v -v"?  Have you configured 554 as being an
anti-spam code?

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor