AW: [fetchmail]how to stop emails to fetchmail user

2005-10-20 05:13:10
Ah.

If a cron-job has ANY output, it will email that output to the user the cronjob is run as.
It seems in this case, that is the fetchmail user.

Try running the command you have in your crontab in a shell - you will most propably see exactly the output you have in each mail.

Since you run the job every minute, it is no wonder the file is growing rapidly.

1) use fetchmail --quiet YOUR OPTIONS HERE
(quoted from the top of my head - please check the man page)

2) use fetchmail YOUR OPTIONS HERE > /dev/null
( this will redirect the output into the virtual nirvana)
2a) if that don't help
fetchmail YOUR OPTIONS HERE > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
( this will redirect the outputas well as error output into the virtual nirvana)

3) run fetchmail in daemon mode

Each of above will prevent the mailbox from filling
Make sure the command runs without output in a shell, then the emails will stop.

Hth,
Tobias