Re: [fetchmail]MySQL Interaction?

2005-11-01 06:20:34
Maginot Junior wrote:

Sorry for not replying to the list, I just clicked on the reply in gmail...
okay, this is how its working here:

I have a domains and server configured with it that is my mail server.
If you send a message to it Postfix receive it and store at
/var/server/postfix/domain.com/user/Maildir/new not the usual mail
system default /var/spool/mail ...
Not relevant, fetchmail will not use those files.

Okay. The message is on the server in the folder especified above. Now
I want using thunderbird on my desktop that doesnt have static ip to
connect to the POP3 or IMAP port on my server and retrieve the
messages that are on the folder.
The user "user" in this case, arent a user of the system, it is a user
add on my mysql postfix table where postfix searchs for the users and
their maildir location.
What I need is something to fetch the mail from that folder searching
all the information in mysql (maybe something else) because the
password for that user and his maildir location is on a mysql table.
For what I remember the user have to authentica on the pop server so
it can get his messages and to prove that is truely him....

The question is how I do this using Fetchmail, mayber some other app
... mysql-pam? sasl2 ? I dont know.....

If I understand you correctly, you will not need fetchmail at all.
What you need is a pop3 server. ( which will need all the information you mentioned above - but the fetchmail list is the wrong place to ask for help about that) There is quite a few of them around - most propably also one that can interact with your mysql-postfix setup.

Fetchmail is for users who have one or more pop3 server accounts and want to collect the emails from there in another mailbox. I, for example have a linux box at home that polls all my email accounts, scans for virusses and spam, and then places the mail in a mailbox on that server. That mailbox I then access through imap or a web interface. I do so because I often work from different computers, and want to access my email from all of them. If you only have one computer, you will live quite happily with just thunderbird.