Re: [fetchmail]--nokeep --flush not working on mail.comcast.com

2006-01-25 14:38:01
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 03:22:32PM -0500, Robert Williams wrote:
One of the local imap mail accounts
on a server that I manage
has been popping mail from mail.comcast.com
with a fetchmail crontab entry,
and over the past week we have seen a huge
number of duplicate messages.

The users inbox as 800Mb last Monday.
The crontab entry is
50 1 * * *      fetchmail --flush --nokeep -s -d 900

I don't know about the duplicates, but I've found that using fetchall is
a good option for comcast's mail server.  One of the main reasons for
fetchall (until the very latest fetchmail release) is that comcast will
silently truncate attachments if you don't specify it.

In my .fetchmailrc, I use:
set postmaster "ewilts"
set bouncemail
set properties ""
poll mail.comcast.net
        proto POP3
        user 'hidden'
        password 'hidden'
        fetchall

and it works like a charm.  I don't specify any command line arguments
to fetchmail.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA