Re: [fetchmail]Help requested with pop3 via ssh

2006-01-27 14:52:20
David Williams wrote:

when I run the ssh command in the shell I get a pop3 session. However
when I run the fechmail command it simply returns to the shell prompt.

fetchmail -v ist a good start for troubleshooting...

telnet prints "Trying 127.0.0.1..." to STDOUT at startup, which confuses
fetchmail, as this is not a valid pop3 server greeting. You could use
netcat for what you want. Or see if the remote pop3 server has a mode to
run form inetd, which you could use. Or simply use pop3s, if possible.