Re: [fetchmail]Help requested with pop3 via ssh

2006-01-27 17:16:58
David Williams <davidjw(_at_)calypso-it(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

Good thinking. I did try fetchmail -v but it didn't give me any info for
some reason.
Using netcat solves the problem perfectly. Thanks.

Just for the record the working command is:

poll server proto POP3 plugin "ssh -C user(_at_)remotehost  nc  localhost 110"
   user xxxxx there with password pppppp is yyyyyy here

An alternative for netcat is the "sock" command (somewhat similar to
netcat, with fewer options though).