Re: [fetchmail]BUG (?) fetchmail 6.2.5 hangs with 'idle' on OpenBSD

2006-02-20 13:47:27
Casper Gripenberg <casper(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> writes:

I'm running 6.2.5 on OpenBSD 3.3 to an IMAP server with 'idle' in the
config file. The server does not support the IDLE command, so fetchmail
does the NOOP stuff.

Hello Casper,

please retry with 6.3.2 which has several dozen bugfixes over 6.2.5
including fixes for parsing untagged responses and timeout bugs (I'm not
sure if this particular was addressed; it was not attacked explicitly,
but it may profit from a related fix).

If the problem persists, please post to the new fetchmail-users list at
berlios.de as suggested by Rob. If the configuration is unchanged from
6.2.5, you don't need to re-post it. If it still hangs, a backtrace with
the new code might be useful though.

Thank you,