[fetchmail]Leave POP3 server flags alone for webmail niceness

2006-03-20 20:08:27
This is Fetchmail 6.2.5 against a GMX.de StreamProxy POP3 server.

After running fetchmail, all the messages in my inbox (viewed via GMX webmail) are marked read. I notice fetchmail is using RETR, but I think the docs imply it should use TOP (unless, perhaps, it's using KEEP to leave messages on the server?).

My goal: have fetchmail leave all mail on the server _and_ leave the server flags alone (so the webmail interface doesn't think I've read messages just because I've POP'd them, for example).

Any advice?  Can I force fetchmail to use TOP?  Will that help? (-:

Paul

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special stationery, fonts and colors. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.