Re: [fetchmail]I have this idea for a neat feature. Will you add it?

2006-03-31 09:49:09
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Matthias Andree wrote:

tbrown(_at_)nrri(_dot_)umn(_dot_)edu writes:

Fetchmail's great, use it all the time.

It would be nice if the output from 'tracepolls' included the folder
name (when you're pulling multiple folders using 'folders').

I'm using 'folders inbox,"Junk E-mail"' to pull from two folders, but
without using separate 'poll' statements and fiddling with the 'mda'
command I can't see how to preserve the folder of origin information
(seeing the IMAP server doesn't add anything to preserve the info.).

Does the attached patch work for you?

Yep, works great, thanks.

The patch required minor manual intervention patching against 6.2.5, but no doubt you made it against a more recent version.

I hope this makes it into the main version, it makes it much easier to take advantage of spam filters on IMAP servers (and any other server filters, for that matter).

Thanks again.

Cheers -Terry

Terry Brown               Natural Resources Research Institute
Research Associate        5013 Miller Trunk Highway
tbrown(_at_)nrri(_dot_)umn(_dot_)edu       University of Minnesota, Duluth
Ph. 218 720 4345          Duluth, Minnesota 55811
Fax 218 720 4328          http://beaver.nrri.umn.edu/~tbrown/