Re: [fetchmail]disable ssl cert check

2006-04-05 15:12:08
Hannes Erven <h(_dot_)e(_at_)gmx(_dot_)at> writes:

Hi Rob,

As Matthias already said, disabling the sslcertck option makes a
mockery of using SSL.

Not necessarily. When checking the certificate's fingerprint with
sslfingerprint, nosslcertck should suppress all warnings about
incomplete certificate chains.

The (justified) complaint was that "nosslcertck" does not exist.

I don't plan to add this option however, because the user might just as
well not use ssl/tls at all to achieve the same purpose.

I'm not going to to take part in new "creating false feeling of
security" games.