Re: [fetchmail]Multidrop fetchmail bouncing non-existing local addresses

2006-07-17 07:55:30
These lists are depreciated - please use the lists found at www.fetchmail.info

On 7/17/06, Andy Hawkins <adhawkins(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hi,

I have fetchmail 6.2.15 running on the latest stable Debian (3.1). I
have the following in my config file:

Upgrade to 6.3.4

Ideally I want mail to non-existant users to bounce (they're generally
spam). Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Spam messages almost never have a legit return address.  All you'll
end up doing is annoying some poor innocent sod, and possibly becoming
a spam source yourself.  Better to drop them on the floor.

Otherwise, once you've upgraded to 6.3.4 please submit the output of
"fetchmail -v -v -v" showing the problem.

--
                Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor