Re: Some comments to new draft

1991-04-25 10:46:53
Part 2: Content-Type header

There are to many of them.
There should be a few general ones, internation standards if possible.

Why have scribe,tex,troff,dvi,pbm,pgm,ppm? They are very special.
Why not then FrameMaker?

Yesterday we had a meeting to discuss the functional specification
for the UA we're writing.  Marketing here wants to include things
like Wingz & 1/2/3 spreadsheets, dBASE files, etc!

As I see it the end-user is going to want to know DIRECTLY that
the following thing is some specific sort of file.  Things like
what encodings used to make it mailable are going to be irrelevant
to (my concept of) the end-user.

Fortunately defining something like X-dBASE-IV is quite possible.

        David