Re: Comments & Reactions to the draft

1991-05-22 09:43:42
I  agree totally with rja on this point.

 I really have come to dislike the term "MAILASCII" as I've read
through the draft RFC.  It appears to just be the US ANSI definition
of ASCII (X3.4 - 1986) and it would be clearer and more in accord with
common usage amongst computer users to just call it "ASCII" or maybe
"US-ASCII".

MAILASCII is just another vague and not-well known name which will
confuse more than it clarifies.  I vote for USASCII or US-ASCII, which
says what it means adn means what it says.  Best...\Stef