Re: My greatest fear

1991-08-26 00:10:52
Well, what discourages me more than anything else is to now discover
that the real power meetings are the ones at the IETF, and that all this
netmail discussion is only for the purpose of identifying the issues
that will be decided by those who attend the IETF meetings.

For the record, the last three meetings were all held at a time when I
could simply not get to the meetings.  Of what value is my effort to
participate in the netmail discussions then!

I now see that I have had a great deal of my time and effort wasted by
this latter day procedural decision that was not well articulated early
in the process.  Indeed, as I read things, this was decided more or less
at the last meeting, that all the netmail work can and should be shelved
since the proponents are not present to serve as advocates.  It is
interesting how they were faked into believing that they did not need to
be there to defend their work!

Bah Humbug!  It is really hard to be enthused about any aspect of this
endless reset/restart every time we seem to have gotten somewhere.
Every time we seem to have gotten to a consensus, new people come out of
the woodwork and restart the whole thing back at ground zero, and our
esteemed Chair lets them do it.  I am not even convinced that he is not
instigating it, or at least encouraging it!

Over the years I have participated in many many netmail discussions that
resolved things and came to many decisions.  I am amazed at this point
to discover that our esteemed Chair has no faith in the use of netmail
to conduct business!

Harumphhhhh!..\Stef