Re: binary transport vs 8bit character transport revisited

1991-09-16 07:42:37

I love your address:
        Glenn Wright - Sun EHQ - Localisation Mgr
<glenn(_dot_)wright(_at_)uk(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com>

I bet it interworks really well in the UK.

Now then, your observation that vendors are working to make their 7bit
software 8bit clean is only true of their new software.

Or are you suggesting that all vendors, including those who have gone
out of business, are working to replace their old 8bit unclean 7bit smtp
software in the field?

And, finally, I want to obeserve that this is really a topic for the
ITEF-SMTP list, and not the IETF-822 list.  Can we please close off this
discsussion on this list, and direct those who wish to continue it to
discuss it on the IETF-SMTP list?

Mr Chairman -- May we please have a ruling on this?  Thanks...\Stef