Re: Audio type

1991-10-30 03:55:40
I think you need to distinguish between what the spec supports and what
the spec requires for conformance.  Ideally we should just encode
everything using G.721 and be done with it.  However, there are reasons
why others will want to use the different encoding schemes.

Rather that suffer through a proliferation of

        audio/u-law
        audio/pcm

it's probably better to provide a single-type that can represent them
all and then mandate the basic minimum for interoperability.  This is
what the current Audio/Basic definition does.

/mtr