Re: trojan horses in RFC XXXX mail (tex/troff/postscript considered harmful)

1991-10-31 05:20:39
I'm afraid Bill is making a mistake that I've seen often among Andrew
users, which is to be overly trustful of programs received through the
mai.  In paticular, he says "If my friend sends me a program, it should
run."  He ignores how esasy it is to forge mail in the current Internet
environment.  As long as this is the case, his position invites
disaster, though I agree with it in principle.  In practice, we
shouldn't touch it until we are more confident about the identities of
mail senders.  -- NB