Re: X.400 and MIME

1992-08-22 02:32:52
I personally have given interviews about MIME to well over a dozen
reporters for various publications (spent over an hour on the phone
with one today, as a matter of fact). I visited several large companies
in person to give talks on MIME (and its relationship to X.400) and I
also have given a couple of talks about MIME at the DECUS symposia.

Innosoft (the company I work for) has also demonstrated MIME technology
at the past two InterOps -- in the fall with a prototype and in the
spring with our release MIME product. Unfortunately, we have been unable
to demonstrate interoperability with another commercial implementation
(we use Nathaniels MetaMail and Marshall's MH extensions so we have at
least two other implementations to talk to).

I know that Nathaniel has also done some papers and given some talks
about MIME.

I certainly agree that MIME needs more exposure, but I'm trying to
do my part... If you have any specific suggestions I'd be happy to
listen to them.

                                Ned