Re: What characters should be allowed in a MIME subtype?

1992-11-25 08:38:45
I guess I'd change Harald's "I personally would be happy..." statement
to something like:
   -- use of anything but the common ISO646 character set is looking
     for trouble.
   -- for maximum interchangability without trouble, the ideal character
set for this sort of thing is probably the one we carefully sought out
for Base64, and I think that should be the relevant set/restriction
(less ones we need elsewhere) unless a need for additional characters
can be demonstrated.
     john