iso-2022-jp doc

1992-12-10 09:48:26
IETF-822 people,

Due to problems at UUNET, I didn't receive any mail from outside Japan
for just over a week.  If anyone has tried to send me comments on
iso-2022-jp that bounced, I would appreciate if you could resend them.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

Here are the diffs since the last version that I sent to this list
(Dec. 1st).  Again, please make comments soon.  I would like to have
it turned into an RFC real soon now.

    The
    use of ISO-2022-JP in RFC 1342 [RFC1342] headers is expected to be
    the subject of a separate document.
+   However, experimentation with ISO-2022-JP/RFC1342 headers is
+   encouraged.

    This document only describes the encoding of plain text. The encoding
    of other subtypes of text, such as richtext, is not discussed here.
+   Again, experimentation with ISO-2022-JP richtext is encouraged.

-   Also, the message body must end with CRLF, and there must be a switch
-   to ASCII before the last CRLF (if there are any non-ASCII characters
-   in the message body).
+   Also, the message body must end in ASCII.

-   line                = *text *1( *segment single-byte-seq *text ) CRLF
+   message     = fields 1*( CRLF *text 1*segment single-byte-seq *text )
+                                             ; see also [MIME] body-part

+   fields          = <header lines (see [RFC822] and [MIME])>

    [ASCII] American National Standards Institute, "Coded character set
    -- 7-bit American national standard code for information
-   interchange", ANSI X3.4-1968
+   interchange", ANSI X3.4-1986

    [ISO646] International Organization for Standardization (ISO),
    "Information processing -- ISO 7-bit coded character set for
    information interchange", International Standard, Ref. No. ISO 646-
-   1983 (E)
+   1991 (E)

Thanks,
Erik