Re: Richtext and SGML (Was: MIME to Draft Standard)

1993-01-21 21:18:08
 [Pardon the batch of responses, but there were almost 100 new messages
on ietf-822 when I logged in.  Fortunately for me, I see them as a
group, separate from the other 500 messages that were waiting for me....]

Excerpts from internet.ietf-822: 20-Jan-93 RE: Richtext and SGML (Was:..
John W Noerenberg(_at_)qualco (2094)

Richtext may not be perfect in its current form, but moving it out of MIME
carries the implication that richtext is not an essential part of
multimedia mail.

This worries me, too, but I think it is inevitable if we're not going to
hold up the rest of MIME.  I'd like to think we can help a little by
keeping the RFC's adjacent -- that is, if the draft standard of MIME is
RFC N, then the new headers document might be N+1 and richtext N+2.
Also, it might be possible to have the base MIME document at least
include a pointer to the richtext document under the rubric of "other
text subtypes".  -- NB