Re: the Mode option question in Message/External-Body

1993-01-22 10:27:31
From: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb(_at_)thumper(_dot_)bellcore(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: the Mode option question in Message/External-Body

Since the default for FTP is "ascii", I always assumed that this was the
default for the MIME external body with access-type ftp.  Is there
really an ambiguity here?

Sorry for being a week behind, but I've been off-net and will take a
while to catch up.  -- Nathaniel

Regardless what FTP's default is, MIME should specify the default too.

Also, a couple weeks ago someone sent out the "quartet" audio message
which was an external body, but it did not specify the "mode".  If the
default is ascii, my PC will get the wrong binary data.  It looks like
a bug in the sender's MUA.

-Vincent