Re: Andrew, could you replace your mailer and attach Subject?

1993-02-05 02:38:51
Though it has nothing to do with MIME, it is a good example of how absurd
10646 is.

The above model has a fatal defect in interactive environment. You can't
determine where symbols are separeted unless you read the next non-combining
mark. Thus, you can't display a symbol unless you look ahead an extra
character.

Your reasoning is flawed.  Nobody said that a keyboard has to generate
characters, it could generate text elements.

--Guido van Rossum, CWI, Amsterdam
<Guido(_dot_)van(_dot_)Rossum(_at_)cwi(_dot_)nl>

PS. I am not trying to defend 10646, of which I know nothing.  I just
have the feeling that your opposition is more emotional than rational.