Re: restrictions when defining charsets

1993-02-05 00:44:57
Now, I realize that Masataka Ohta is posting from in Japan, and
the news may have gotten garbled crossing the big puddle, but
I was not aware that the American National Standards Institute
had accepted this work as an ANSI Standard.

You should have failed to understand the following part of my mail:

:So, it might be necessary to define an instance of ASCII on the internet,
:if there is any confusion.

Was my English so bad?

I am talking about how "charset=ASCII" should be defined on the Internet,
which does not require ANSI approval.

If we insist on being pendantic, let's be thorough about it.

I'm just pragmatic.

-- citing RFC1345 only proves that Keld's interpretation
of ANSI X3.4 is that codepoint 41 octal is an exclamation point.

To be pragmatic, it is the interpretation of almost all people.

There is no reason that we can't use the interpretation on the Internet.

                                                Masataka Ohta