Re: restrictions when defining charsets

1993-02-05 06:44:55
Excerpts from TODO: 3-Feb-93 Re: restrictions when defin.. Steve
Summit(_at_)adam(_dot_)mit(_dot_)ed (2950)

Will that make people happy?  Any suggested improvements?

I'm afraid that the above text is only an improvement if the
reader was also at the Santa Fe meeting (which I was not), or
otherwise knows as much as the IETF does about this squirrely
little issue.

Sigh.   that's probably true.  However, as the person who is currently
the keeper of the document, I need SOME kind of prose here.  I'm not
really very excited about this issue, because I feel like even I can't
define character sets, "I know them when I see them."  However, if
anyone can come up with a better definition of a character set that
doesn't raise the hackles of other folks on this list, I'm sure I'll be
happy to incorporate their language.  Until then, I guess I'm going to
stick with the prose I proposed.