Re: restrictions when defining charsets

1993-02-07 08:05:49
Henry, I have carefully reexamined your mails and found that I might have
misunderstood you.

One of them is ASCII!

On my terminal, the above sentence (seemingly a sentence) of you is
displayed without any period but with a vertical bar attached at the
end, so that I might have failed to fully understand the meaning of the
sentence.

Judging from the content of your mails, I have noticed that the vertical
bar should be some form of smily mark such as ":-)" and you are just
joking. I now realize that unambiguous electric communications on
the internet is much harder than I expected.

                                        Masataka Ohta