Re: software that drops MIME headers

1993-02-13 15:17:40
On Feb 12,  5:20pm, t.l.hansen wrote:
} Subject: Re: software that drops MIME headers
}
} < ATTmail gateways also discard all headers beginning with X-, and they may
} < (haven't managed to verify it yet) discard the RFC 1154 Encoding: header
} < as well.  But they deliver mail that originally contained those headers
} < anyway.
}
} I think this is false. I just sent a test message through AT&T Mail that had
} both X- headers and an Encoding: header, and they all came through with
} flying colors.

Hm.  We have had customer reports to the contrary, but perhaps more than
a simple gateway was involved in those cases.  Is there a gateway I can
deliberately route through as a test?  The reports we had were messages
that passed from the Internet through ATTmail onto a local net and vice-
versa, i.e., they neither originated nor ended up within ATTmail.

--
Bart Schaefer                                      Vice President, Engineering
schaefer(_at_)z-code(_dot_)com                                Z-Code Software