File Attachments; Content-Disposition header.

1993-03-03 11:49:25

Ned said:

        The MIME specification already allows for additional
        Content- headers.  This merely provides information
        about how to handle a part of a message. It is
        therefore not a change at all; it is an extension.
        It can also be described in a separate document; I
        think it probably should start out this way.

It seems we have agreement here. I'll put together a draft
and post it for comment in the next day or so. It will
basically say:

"add a Content-Disposition header to the headers enumerated
in rfc1341, with initial allowable values of 'inline' and
'attachment. Said header will only be legal in bodyparts,
not in top-level messages.'

Does this sound like what we want?

-Rens
 /__) /__  /| / (    |  J. Laurens Troost    Lehman Brothers Technical Services
/  \ (___ / |/ __)   |  *Opinions expressed herein are mine. Mine, I tell you!*
INET: rens(_at_)shearson(_dot_)com        VOICE: (212) 464-3705        FAX:
(212) 464-2040