Re: IANA policy regarding character sets

1993-06-15 20:14:21
The character set names should be defined in general, not just the MIME
context.  The second set of names should become the official set.

What? Isn't RFC 1345 just informational?

The
second set of names shold be used to identify character sets in all RFCs,
not just MIME documents.

Why? I think one can use definitions in RFC 1345 in the way RFC 1345
defines if one wishes so. But must we do so in all RFCs?

                                                        Masataka Ohta