Re: text/enriched

1993-08-14 18:23:53
As I see it, <Verbatim> is intended to squelch reflowing of lines by the
displaying agent.

Unless things have changed, I think text/enriched has mechanisms for specifying
that, at least on a line/line basis.

I am begining to think of Verbatim as a higher level command which would be
part of the UI of the UA, but which should be implemented by lower level
commands in the text/enriched.

I appologize for not having had the time to digest the docs, so it is entirely
possible that explicit line breaks have been dropped, in which case it seems to
me that they need restoration.

Another aspect of this is that the generic reading agent's screen width must be
considered (a little) whenever arbitrary hard line breaks are involved, so the
doc should discuss that matter.
--
dana s emery <de19(_at_)umail(_dot_)umd(_dot_)edu>