Re: A spec for showing language in MIME headers

1993-11-05 06:56:40
Masataka Ohta writes:
Perhaps we should then also have a Content-Filename-Suggestion:
header for those many cases where it's appropriate to save the
body of a body-part in a file? And a Header-Filename-Suggestion:
for saving the header of the body-part?

And a Content-Filename-Suggestion-Language: and a Header-Filename-
Suggestion-Language: and Content-Filename-Suggestion-Supplemental-Language:
and a Header-Filename-Suggestion-Supplimental-Language: and.....

In most of the content-types there is an optional parameter, NAME, which
tells you what the filename is. This is only a suggestion, i.e. what
Olle wants. The problem with filenames, as we all know, is that
the specification in which way you write a filename differs very
much between different operating systems.

        paf

Patrik Fältström           Tel Nat 08-7906274       Email:
paf(_at_)nada(_dot_)kth(_dot_)se
NADA, KTH                   Int +46-8-7906274
S-100 44 STOCKHOLM          Fax +46-8-7900930
SWEDEN