Re: FYI, RFC-822 addresses as part of X.400

1993-11-19 11:38:17
Dave,

I am struck by the parallels between your observation and what I seem
to hear around TUBA, "use CLNP" and specify changes.  Not that either
approach is wrong, but maybe there is something going on that's
outside our normal world view.  And not just a case of the NIHs.

Could Interneters look, in the conversations with OSIers, for the problems
OSIers are trying to solve and help them identify possible solutions?
Solutions that help them achieve their goals for Internet addressing.

As you are aware, Dave, I am committed to a single address scheme and
Internet addressing is the only scheme that makes sense.  Can our goal
be to find out what keeps people from using Internet addresses and
help them overcome the barriers?

Best.../Ed

Erik,
I, too, found interesting the idea that the proposers would
make the decision to "use Internet mail addresses" and then
specify changes.
Dave