Revised version of Content-language document

1994-05-20 01:35:54
Hi,
here is a new and revised version.
I have:

- Cleared up a few ambiguities
- Made it clear that the parameters are case insignificant
- Changed the difference= into differences=, and allowed multiple
  values. I think that is enough of a way to indicate differences,
  and the mechanism for choosing one should be left to the UA.
  Keith, do you have a problem with this?
- Added language to make people aware that they should be using Content-*
  headers with the differences= parameter. OK, Nathaniel?
- Added some more correct words when referencing ISO work.
  Thanks, Olle! (and please make me aware of any goofs)
- Fleshed out the References section properly

I have *not* added a concrete mechanism for choosing between body parts,
only added a paragraph that this is something that should be done by the
UA based on knowledge of the user's preferences and capabilities.

I will submit this as an Internet-Draft once you have had a chance to
check it out (by May 27), and ask the Area Directors to forward it to the
IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
So please consider May 27 the intra-WG deadline for comments!
NOTE: I am away until Friday next week, so replies to comments will be slow!

                  Harald A