New to the list...

1994-09-15 08:10:40
Someone recommended that I join this list since I am one of the
INN cabal and I was told 8-bit netnews was mentioned now and
then.

After reading a couple messages I have a dumb question which I
hope doesn't distract the current discussion.

When people say "8bit", do they mean 1-255 or 0-255?

I'm asking because a lot of mail and netnews software is 8-bit
clean if you define that to be "1-255".  True 8-bit is going to
break a lot of code.  I don't mind breaking code, but I'd like
to know what I should be preparing myself for.

Thanks,
Tom
--
        Tom Limoncelli -- tal(_at_)big(_dot_)att(_dot_)com (work) --
tal(_at_)plts(_dot_)org (play)