Re: multipart clarifications/nits

1994-10-25 19:33:04
< We're caught between a rock and a hard place on this one, I'm afraid.
< While it is true that the CRLF belongs to the boundary marker and not to
< the preceeding part, actually binding it this way in the BNF leads to the
< old problem where the first boundary marker's CRLF is separate from the
< CRLF that comes after the message header, and then we're back to the
< problem where two CRLFs are required at the beginning of the multipart
< object by the grammar.
<
< I've toyed with the idea of making the first boundary special. The best
< I've been able to come up with is:

I agree: make the first boundary special.

                                        Tony Hansen
                            hansen(_at_)pegasus(_dot_)att(_dot_)com,
tony(_at_)attmail(_dot_)com
                                att!pegasus!hansen, attmail!tony