Re: IETF working group for News

1994-11-15 10:16:00
Hi, is there currently a working group for news?  Specifically

Yes.  No.  Both.

Henry is working on son-of-rfc1036.  This is going to codify
the article format as now used, and add a couple things to make
it tighter.

There is no *active* NNTP group.  However, Rich $alz is working
on an RFC to document the common extensions to NNTP.  Currently,
one would have to read the man pages to INN and NNTP-t6 and
extract the various extensions.

A lot of "us netnews geeks" are on this mailing list to make
sure that nothing gets added to mail that wouldn't work on netnews.
So far, I can count only one issue that is PISSING ME OFF.  The
others issues are ones that I can live with.

--tal

addressins issues in NNTP, the format of News messages, whether
news messages can contain multi-media data such as voice and images
as a MIME message can?

Thanks in advance
Mark Joseph