Re: HTML in MIME mail

1994-11-15 07:35:26
Ed, et al,

For simplicity and noise reduction, I'l let Steve D. do most of the
responding, since that who you directed your query to.

One exception:

At 2:49 PM 11/14/94, Ed Levinson wrote:
Kludge proposal: text/char-stream; application=hwatever.  Gives

We have been periodically seeing proposals of the form:  Reserve a single
content type/subtype value, but then define a parameter that contains the
'real' meaning.

In almost all circumstances, it doesn't help.  You would still have to
define the table of valid entries for the parameter and then have IANA
maintain the registry.  That's what is already done for content subtype.
We should therefore just use content subtype for situations in which the
value might vary.

d/

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg Consulting                          Phone:  +1 408 246 8253
675 Spruce Dr.                                  Fax:    +1 408 249 6205
Sunnyvale, CA  94086               Email:
dcrocker(_at_)mordor(_dot_)stanford(_dot_)edu