Re: Broken MIME messages?

1994-11-27 23:57:10
I have a question from a customer about messages apparentely generated by
"Novell Global MHS" and then sent through "SMTP for NGM" and finally
received by our product.

Parts of the message in question look like...
[...]
[...]

It seems to me that the second part of the supposed multipart (I only
recieved the fragment beginning with the multipart boundary) is not valid.
There is no "BINARY" content-TYPE that I'm aware of.

You are correct.  Not only is there no content-type named BINARY, but
the content-type "BINARY" is not even syntactically legal for MIME.

Sigh.  You would think people would at least READ THE SPEC before
implementing it, and certainly before selling a product based on it.

Keith