Re: Broken MIME messages?

1994-11-28 11:39:32
Well...  Novell is here at Email World.. maybe a stop by their booth
with enough people around a conversation can be "started"....:-)

On Nov 27, 22:36, Ned Freed wrote:
Subject: Re: Broken MIME messages?
}> I have a question from a customer about messages apparentely
}>generated by "Novell Global MHS" and then sent through "SMTP for NGM"
}>and finally received by our product.
}
}Sigh. I've seen it before, although I wish I hadn't. Given the number
}of sites that have it now looks like I'm going to have to add support
}for this stuff to our products.
}
}It isn't MIME. Its sort of MIME-like, but that's all. It is in fact an
}implementation of the fourth or fifth draft of the specification that
}eventually became MIME, with the names of some of the headers changed.
}It is also highly variable -- I've seen variants involving UUENCODE. (I
}shudder to think of what it might use for quoted-printable.)

--
Cheers!

[ psr ]