suggestion

1994-12-01 23:07:12
Gentlemen,

For these two days, I read messages that some iso-2022-in-header guys
posted on ietf-822. And I feel that these messages confuse ietf-822. I
have a suggestion to everyone to clean up the mess.

* To iso-2022-in-header guys,

Please stop posting a rash message. Before you say something on
ietf-822, please subscribe you on it first and understand what
ietf-822's functionality is and what's going on.

Dave patiently explained time to time that ietf-822 working group
decides only label for default charset of each country. ietf-822 is
not a appropriate for internationalization.

Please understand that nobody on ietf-822 attacks ISO 2022. They just
say that they can't decide ISO 2022 as a standard. If you just say "We
Japanese use ISO 2022 now", it change nothing at all.

* Ohta-san,

The first thing you should do is apologize your rudeness to ietf-822
pepole. And if you are really ambitious, please take polite manner.

Otherwise, unsubscribe by yourself and get out of here.

* Other people,

Please understand that ISO 2022 is not a character set. It's a
*encoding* mechanize for multiple character set.

Please define terminology correctly before discussion. I'm not English
native speacker but I can give you a example.

character set
        --- set of numeric values that each is corresponding of character
character encoding scheme
        --- how to encode single or multiple character set.
charset
        --- labels for Content-Type:'s subtype charset=.

--Kazu