Re: Issues with downconverting 8BITMIME to 7bit

1995-02-28 12:19:40
Harald(_dot_)T(_dot_)Alvestrand(_at_)uninett(_dot_)no writes:
John,
I believe that the important point to remember about subtypes of
"message" is that they are not guaranteed to be MIME messages
(with the single exception of message/rfc822 containing a

I don't see what relevance this has to the problem.  Of course other
subtypes of "message" shouldn't bee MIME messages, if they were MIME
messages, they should be of type "message/rfc822".

The problem is that if I encounter an unrecognized subtype of
"message" which contains non-7bit data, can I transfer-encode it or
must I bounce it?

--
_.John G. Myers         Internet: jgm+(_at_)CMU(_dot_)EDU
                        LoseNet:  ...!seismo!ihnp4!wiscvm.wisc.edu!give!up