Re: Help with mime-body-part multipart messages - rfc1494

1995-03-16 01:53:57
Ruth,
I think we made a mistake in RFC 1495 by not considering the case of
unknown multipart subtypes properly.

The solution most in tune with the intent of 1495 ("Salvage what you can
from the gateway") would be to follow your second suggestion and break
the multipart apart into its constituent bodies, and place a label in a
convenient place saying what subtype this really is.

I will try to get this into the next revision of 1495, if it is not
already in there.

              Harald A