Re: Last Call: A Chemical Primary Content Type for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions to Proposed Standard

1995-05-24 09:44:55
  I find the case made by Mark and others for NOT adding
discipline-specific top-level types and for severely restricting top-level
types to be a very compelling one.
  The approach of using something like "application/chemical;chemtype=cxf"
which he suggests appears to me to be the right one for meeting the
legitimate needs of this community, because I can envision many other
specialized types even within the chemistry community.

jim