Request for recommendation on a Content-Describe: tag

1995-05-31 15:46:42

We have been having a discussion (on com-priv(_at_)psi(_dot_)com,
rating(_at_)junction(_dot_)net)
about 'ratings servers'.  We have already found the word 'ratings' to be
probably defective as we are really talking about generalized classification

We want to define both an HTML tag and a header line, and conceivably a
MIME type.

I'd like to know if anything related to this has been defined and whether
there is any strong opinions on the naming of the tag/type.

Below I've clipped some of my articles that are some unorganized ideas
about possibilities:

Or howbout just <CONTENT Tags>?  For cleanness I suppose that the
tags should be separate, but I feel pretty strongly right now that you
should be able to pack them like this:

<title>Terminator 2</title>
<CONTENT authority=author -L2V1H0S2 Type=movie
  Alt1 SciFi Fx3 Extropian1 Gunfight BodyCount=12/5>

Or maybe:
<CONTENT> authority=author -L2V1H0S2 Type=movie
  Alt1 SciFi Fx3 Extropian1 Gunfight BodyCount=12/5 </CONTENT>
<CONTENT> authority=reviewer/siskel(_at_)someplace_in_chicago
  thumb=up3 content_link=author/agree </CONTENT>

Another example:
<title>Forward Error Correction for Space Probes</title>
<CONTENT authority=librarian Type=book/tech/ref
 topic=sci/info_theory/transmission_codes/error_correction
 LCIS=23.23132 DEWEY=2.33442 Keywords="ecc,Reed-Solomon,XOR,Vitterbi">

Yet another: