Re: Canonical Encoding Model wording suggestion

1995-06-02 12:57:39
hansen(_at_)pegasus(_dot_)att(_dot_)com writes:
I agree with all of this except the last sentence. The MIME systems I deal
with that use NL conventions all do it within just the text body parts.
Hence, your statement is not true for such systems.

You'll have to describe in more detail what it is you're doing.  What
exactly is a "text body part"?

The systems I've had described to me which do something like this are
incompatible with MIME.  That is because what is or is not "text" is
not deterministic and a reader cannot always tell whether or not a 0a
octet maps to a 0a or to a 0d0a in the canonical MIME form.

--
_.John G. Myers         Internet: jgm+(_at_)CMU(_dot_)EDU
                        LoseNet:  ...!seismo!ihnp4!wiscvm.wisc.edu!give!up